Sunday, April 7, 2013

My Best Friend by Lutimi and inspired by the original author - Shannen Wrass


My Best Friend

Today I found a friend,who knew everything I felt,
He  knew my every weakness, and the problems I’ve been dealt,
He understood my wonders and listened to my dreams.
He listened to how I felt about life and love and knew what it means.

Not once did he interrupt me, or tell me I was wrong,
He understood what I was going through and promised he’ll stay long.
I reached out to this friend to show him that I care,To pull him close and  
let him know how much I need him there.

Never has he let me down, he makes my frowns upside down
I looked at him and told him I care but other people couldn't hear.
My body is aching also my bones but nothing will stop me from our friendship that is hard as stones.

I look at this friend that I treasure but realized it's just a mirror so this friend I found today is ME.

4 comments:

Mrs Fepuleai said...

This is a very thoughtful poem Tim. It was very touching and encourages your audience to think about what friendship means to them. Well done, keep up the great writing!

Anonymous said...

That was a kind a caring poem. The words you used were powerful! Good job! :)

Joedzy said...

Tim Great poem. I liked your photo.

Anonymous said...

Tim, that was nice and I like your rimes. :p