Friday, April 19, 2013

My Ancestral Poem by Salome


Dear Ancestor
would you be proud of her
if she gave the gift of life
but  at an age not suitable.

Dear Ancestor
would you be proud of him
if he stood up for myself
if someone didn’t like the colour of his skin
but end in a bad consequence.

Dear Ancestor
would you be proud of me
if I worked hard for my future
but sacrificed family time.

Tokelauan is my culture and I am proud of it.
My ancestor are hard working and gentle dove
Violence is never their answer.

My ancestor protect me when I awake or asleep.

Even though there are mistakes
There are lessons that I will take.

To turn a wrong into a right
There are some tough fights.

I am your daughter and
your blood that flowed down to me
now it is time for you to see
How proud you are of me?


No comments: