We activated our prior knowledge of what we know about narrative writing and then as a class we created a success criteria to guide us during the writing process.
- NARRATIVE WRITING
How to write a narrative story
- Use the T.O.P.S. writing structure to organise our ideas.
- Use simple punctuation correctly in our sentences. . (at the end of a sentence) AKL (capital letters, nouns, I)
- Use the ‘CCC strategy’, dictionaries or sounding out patterns to check mispelt words.
- Make sure your sentences make sense by proofreading for meaning, spelling and (complex) punctuation.
- Write interesting language that will ‘hook in’ the reader (eg. metaphor, personification, hyperbole.)
- Include dialogue to give the reader more information about the characters, events and solutions.
This is our planning for our story.
Step 3 - Click here to view their piece of writing for their narrative story
Step 4 - Feedback, sharing with our peers.
Step 5 - Re-crafting - using feedback given by our peers
Step 6 - Teacher Conference
Step 7 - Publishing our end product - see our video below
Step 8 - Personal writing reflection.
We hope you enjoy the end product of our narrative story - we appreciate your feedback.