PMIS -MOVIE MAGIC
What did you like about this term’s unit?
- Using a camera.
- Having the opportunity to edit a movie. Some of us are now confident to edit a movie and are now going to be helping our teacher edit T.P.S News.
- Working as a group to plan our movies.
- This unit helped us build stronger relationships with each other especially when we were working as a group to produce and edit our movies.
- Speeches! - doing and preparing a speech helped developed our presenting skills.
- We have become confident in sharing our ideas without being shy.
- Learning about movie making equipment like the tripod, imove programme, flip cam etc.
- Enjoyed learning about the movie making process - brainstorming, planning, script writing, storyboarding, filming, editing, presenting.
- Learning about the different effective camera shots.
- MAKING A MOVIE!
- Everyone in our class was in a movie.
- Finishing the movie off with a whole school Academy awards. This made us feel very proud of our hardwork! We felt like REAL professional film makers.
- Our whanau and friends being proud of us - they really appreciated our movies.
- We have definitely expanded our knowledge about movie making and have developed good movie making skills that we want to share with others. We look forward to continuing our Movie Magic journey and learning more fun ways to extend our movie making skills.
MinusWhat challenges did you have with this unit?
- Waiting for our turn to film because there was only one flip-cam and a tripod.
- We had some groups using the same filming location so we had to wait for them to finish filming and sometimes it ment we couldn't film because they were taking too long. For example the staff room, corridor, reading room etc.
- We couldn’t film sometimes as some students were away and the weather was not too good as well.
- Memorising our lines for our scripts.
InterestingWhat interested you about this unit?
- The editing process.
- Adding sound effects and music to our movies.
- Learning how professional film makers make movies and trying to develop their skills throughout the process of our film making experience.
- Learning the movie elements helped us to make our movies interesting to watch!
- SolutionHow could we improve on this unit next time.
- More flip-cams and tripods.
- Have the Imovie programme on our netbooks so that we could edit our movies instead of waiting for a group to finish.
- Practise our lines at home with our families.