Friday, April 19, 2013

Edward's Ancestral Poem


I am a proud Cook Island African male,
son of a Cook Island queen and a brave, strong African warrior.

Beautiful palm trees, pure white sand, gold diamonds and the smell of fresh hibiscus represent the two cultures that I am wonderfully proud of.

My forefathers and foremothers lives within me,
Their strength flows through my blood, giving me the courage to survive, the heart to love and the security to feel safe.

A feeling of appreciation for my ancestors,
I am thankful that they fought for me and my family,
Thankful for the traditions and morals they have passed down,
Thankful because without their hard work I wouldn’t be here.
Thankful because as I grow into a strong mighty, brave warrior, I will strive to conquer my battles and fears.

No comments: